Dr. James Nyland has been practicing pediatric dentistry in Columbia for over 30 years. He received his D.D.S. degree at Ohio State University and completed his residency at Columbus Children’s Hospital in Ohio. Dr. Nyland served in the United States Military at Fort Jackson as an Army dentist. His military career of 10 years also included 8 years as a reservist. Dr. Nyland belongs to many dental organizations. He was president of the Greater Columbia Dental Association in 1987. In 1992, Dr. Nyland was president of the South Society of Pediatric Dentistry. He is currently serving as Chairman of Continuing Education for the Southeastern Society of Pediatric Dentistry, a job he has held for over 25 years.
- American Dental Association
- South Carolina Dental Association
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- Greater Columbia Dental Association
- Southeastern Society of Pediatric Dentistry